Carrot Cake Recipe with Grandma Hildegard's Cake Mix
Wanna bake delicious cakes like grandma at home? The grannies and grandpas from Kuchentratsch have the solution: they created ready mixes inspired by some of their favorite recipes. Grandma Hildegard's secret ingredient for this carrot cake mix is the big portion of grandma love.
What you will need:
- Carrot cake baking mix from Grandma Hildegard
- Springform pan (26 cm)
- Baking time: 45 minutes
- Carrot cake mix (432g, see package)
- 4 eggs (vegan: 250 g applesauce)
- 200 ml oil (e.g. rapeseed oil)
- 150 g carrots (approx. 4 carrots)
- Topping mix (60 g, see package)
- 20 ml lemon juice
- 400 g cream cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180°C top/bottom heat and grease the springform pan (26 cm).
- Peel the carrots and grate them into small strips. Beat 4 eggs (vegan: 250 g applesauce) and 200 ml oil for about 5 minutes (vegan: 1 minute) with a hand mixer.
- Add the carrot cake baking mixture and mix it to a smooth dough. Fold 250 g of grated carrots in the mixture. Evenly spread the dough in the tin and bake it for 45 minutes (vegan: 55 minutes) at 180°C top/bottom heat. Let the cake cool down completely and remove it from the tin.
- Mix the topping from the package, 20 ml lemon juice and 400 g cream cheese very well and spread the carrot cake with the topping (vegan: sprinkle the topping mix through a sieve onto the cake).
Your Grandma Hildegard
You tried your baking mix?
Please share your picture of it on social media and tag us with @kuchentratsch, so that we can show Grandma Hildegard and the rest of the world your creation!
You want to try other recipes with your baking mix?
Have a look at our recipe blog!